Saturday, July 16, 2005

Is Raffy A Ranger or Oriole in HOF?

With Rafael Palmeiro's place in the Hall of Fame assured now that he has joined the 3000 hit/500 HR club (one of only four players), the debate can now begin as to which team he will be associated with in Cooperstown: the Texas Rangers or the Baltimore Orioles?

If they went on merely time served, Texas would win (10 years to 6+ yrs). Milestones accomplished would be split (500th HR in Texas, 3000th hit in Balt.). Palmeiro did have career-best seasons stat-wise while in Texas (47 HR in '99 & '01, 148 RBI in '99, 203 hits in '91).

I know I'm speaking with a bias when I say that Raffy should be inducted as a Ranger. I think people probably most associate him with Texas than Baltimore. But I'm sure if you ask an Orioles fan, they could give the same argument in their favor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

No matter how good the arguments for the Rangers, I bet he goes in as an O because he'll still feel stung by the way he left the team.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You might enjoy discussing michelle rodriguez gallery along with the other in LOST

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home