Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Gilligan Has Left The Island
(Bob Denver - 1935-2005)

Now two things this week that are making me feel very old. The first was Jerry Rice retiring...now Bob Denver has died.

'Gilligan's Island' was hardly a cinematic masterpiece...in fact, there were probably more holes in the plot than Swiss cheese. But it's still a big part of my childhood...coming home and seeing it everyday on the TV. Even today if I see 'Gilligan's Island,' it reminds me of my time as a youngster, just wishing that summer was here and not knowing a thing about the 'real world' and what was in store for the future. Much simpler times...

Oh well, I guess the motto here is: growing old sucks...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did Bob head upstairs or downstairs. My bet is, he is feeling a little warm right now.

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's Ty Walker? What happened to Doogie Anderson?

11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home