Monday, June 27, 2005

Judas Priest Rocks Dallas!

Rob Halford- Gay as a parade, but still knows how to rock

Sunday night at the Smirnoff Music Centre, I took in the Queensryche / Judas Priest concert with a couple of friends of mine. It was my first time to see Rob Halford and the band in person, and let me just say that it was time well spent.

The one downside to the night was Queensryche who sucked. They played none of their actual mainstream hits (Jet City Woman, Silent Lucidity, etc.). I'm sure there is a group of hardcore Queensryche fans out there that would disagree with my assessment and say that they were happy with what the band played. Well, for a guy like me who only knows Queensryche from their radio hits, I was pretty disappointed not to hear any of them.

As for Priest, they did a great job of playing some new and obscure songs...while still playing all the old classics that everybody has heard. Rob Halford is the ultimate metal lead-man. He really seems to get into 'character' on stage...plus, I can't believe he can still shriek and hit those high notes after all these years.

Good times...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home